Putting together and executing an effective social media strategy is all about basing the plan around your annual goals.
What exactly does this look like and how should one go about outsourcing their social media? There are many ways one can do this, but luckily, we’re here to help with wading through the steps and find what works best for you. Some hand it all over to a marketing agency to do, if you’re not ready for that, here are some other things to consider.
- Business year goals in detail. Make sure they’re clear. If you want a 10% growth, make sure you communicate what your growth has been previously. It could be 10% more attendees of an event. What was your previous year attendance, what did you do to promote it? All those details matter.
- Strategy plan. You need one to accomplish your goals. If you don’t have that, you can hire us to create an online business strategy for you. We create a plan for a year, broken down into quarters and months. With clear goals and an established social media strategy, your team is that much more equipped to get you where you need.
- Social Media Calendar. This is where you should have all your events listed on a calendar for the next year.
- Social Media. Exist where your clients are. No need to be on every single platform. See where you need the most help. Maybe it’s just one platform and you need to find an agency that makes that its speciality. Maybe you need it all, that is what marketing agencies are for.
- Being a real business online. You know when it’s not the company. Your audience wants to hear from you. Even if you have a team running your business social media, we recommend that you’re the one who’s interacting with followers. Whether that be through comments or DMs, it gives you direct access to feedback from the people who you need to hear it from, and encourages your audience to interact more since they know they’re being heard
TIP: In some cases, you may end up needing a social media marketing agency to run the entire project. It’s a good idea to shop around and see what social media platforms an social media marketing agency specializes in, what sort of brands they typically work with, and what kind of help they provide. Make sure whoever you hire knows your specific industry and the community in it.
Communication is key to making sure the process is running as smoothly and effectively as it can.
When communicating with a copywriter or someone else who’s going to be delivering messages for you, it’s important to emphasize what tone you’re wanting to convey. If you’re usually upbeat and conversational, robotic and monotone isn’t going to feel familiar to your audience. The same goes for the content, the writer should know your business well and what it provides.
Visuals + Graphics
These need to match the look, feel, and message of your audience.
Monthly Meetings on results
This is a must. To know if you’re hitting your business goal you need to check in with your team. If it’s not working, you need to look at why. Maybe it’s the imagery, what’s being said, how it’s being communicated – this gives you the ability to make any adjustments.
In line with having a plan, it’s very important to set expectations. There is no overnight trick to social media. Building and maintaining a following takes time and effort, and you want a social media marketing agency that’s going to be there through the highs and lows. Social media strategy is ever-changing and can be hard to keep up with when you’re also running a business, we get it. Working with a social media marketing agency can help lighten the load and hopefully get your company’s social media where it needs to go.